Residents in LES’s Zone A Urged to Evacuate by 5 p.m.
Public officials are reiterating the evacuation order for residents in Zone A, the low-lying areas closest to Manhattan’s waterways. Staffers from Assemblymember Brian Kavanaugh’s office just sent us this flyer:
Campos, Riis, Wald, Baruch, Smith, Haven Plaza, Village East
YOU ARE IN A MANDATORY EVACUATION ZONE
New York City says you MUST leave the area for your safety by 5:00PM Saturday before the hurricane hits!
- If you can, please go stay with friends or family outside the neighborhood.
- Or go for emergency shelter if you have no other options: Baruch College, 55 Lexington Avenue at24th Street, or Seward Park High School, 350 Grand St between Ludlow & Essex
- If you need transportation to the centers, buses will be available on a first come, first serve basis starting at 8AM Saturday from departure points in the area.
- The MTA will begin shutting down all mass transit by Saturday at noon, so please leave as early as possible. Bridges and tunnels may also be closed.
- Take a “go bag” with these items if you have them: extra keys, credit/ATM cards as well as cash, bottled water, nonperishable foods, flashlight, battery-operated radio, first aid kit, important documents (photo ID, proof of address, insurance cards).
For more information, call 311 or visit www.nyc.gov