REDUCED PRICE! Beautiful one bedroom facing west in the popular Georgetown Plaza in the heart of the village. New appliances, new kitchen, many big closets, …
Always a good time and it’s a good cause. More about Orchard Street Runners here.
“Celebrating the Heroes of Our City” mural in the Henry M. Jackson Playground at Grand and Jackson streets. Photo by Joel Raskin.
A mix of cloud and sun with a high of 31. We’ll see some warming after today; looks like a high of 50 on Saturday!
On our radar: the controversial proposal to landmark the former Eastern Dispensary building at 75 Essex St. heads back to Community Board 3 tonight.
For other events, have a look at our Calendar.
Braving the cold along the East River. Photo by David Sierra.
Mostly sunny today with a high of 38.
See our Calendar here.
Sign up for our daily email.
Send us tips & photos.
99 Favor Taste has hopped over the river from Sunset Park to 285 Grand St.
Korean-style barbecue has come to Grand Street.
A roundup of Lower East Side food headlines:
- Via Eater, have a look at the menus for the pop-up French restaurant, Chez Jef, that will be in the former Bowery Diner space for awhile.
- Robert Sietsema has an early look at the new restaurant in the Cooper Square Hotel.
- Serious Eats checks out the revamped cocktail menu at the newish Golden Cadillac.
- Irving Farm Coffee teamed up with Peak Organic Brewing Company in Maine to create a new Espresso Amber Ale. There will be a party to celebrate at 88 Orchard St. Friday night.
- Family Recipe on Eldridge Street is debuting a $1 oyster happy hour from 6-7 p.m., except on the weekends.