LES Bites: Cochinita Headed For 49 Canal, Carmellini Taking Over Peels Space, What’s Ahead For Hotel Ludlow
Here’s a look at some of the Lower East Side-related restaurant news that’s popped up in the past couple of days:
- According to Grub Street, the popular Brooklyn taqueria, Cochinita, is coming to 49 Canal Street, the former home of Overseas Taste Malaysian Restaurant.
- Eater reports: Andrew Carmellini (Locanda Verfe, Lafayette, etc.) confirms his team plans to open up a new restaurant in the old Peels space on the Bowery.
- Want to know what the new restaurant from Sean MacPherson and the Torrisi boys in the (still under construction) Hotel Ludlow is going to be like? You might want to check out newly anointed hot spot Margaux on the West Side.
- Serious Eats says of Lucien: “It isn’t necessarily progressive or trendy or challenging, but that’s exactly why eating there is so great.”
- The full menu is now available at Rosette on East Broadway.