Lots of neighborhood food news this week. Here’s today’s installment:
- Allison Kave of First Prize Pies talks to Huffington Post about baking 50 pies a week for sale at Roni-Sue’s in Essex Market and online, plus dozens of minis for the Hester Street Fair, where she returns on Saturday.
- Speaking of the Hester Street Fair, the full line-up for this weekend–with plenty of sweets in the mix–is here.
- Continuing a busy weekend of outdoor artisan food events, the New Amsterdam Market debuts its 2011 season Sunday.
- Time Out New York kicks off its On the Rooftop summer series Tuesday night at Above Allen, at the Thompson LES hotel.
- Roma Pizza at Essex and Delancey is closed for two months for renovations.