LES Bites: Russ & Daughters Music Series, Pig Fried Chicken Feast, Dirty French’s French Dip
Tuesday restaurant notes:
- The Russ & Daughters Cafe is launching a “semi-regular” music series featuring some of their favorite downtown artists. Up first is the Paul Shapiro Trio with Dave Hofstra and Dave Fields, Thursday night at 8. The performances will take place in the front of the restaurant. The regular menu will, of course, be available and – via Instagram we learn that “there will be cocktail & nosh specials,” as well.
- Cochon 555 is a national food tour meant to raise awareness of heritage breeds. On Friday, Jan. 23, the event is coming to Root & Bone on East 3rd St. with a five-course dinner prepared by several “all-star female chefs.” Chef Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth of Root & Bone will host Elizabeth Falkner, Missy Robbins, Leah Cohen of Pig & Khao, Mame Sow of The Cecil and Cochon 555 founder Brady Lowe. The “pig fried chicken dinner” will be paired with German wines and costs $125. More info here.
- Robert Sietsema samples the $23 French Dip sandwich on Dirty French’s new lunch menu and is not super impressed.
- Grub Street reports that LA favorite Sqirl will be popping up at El Rey.
- Gaia, the great and quirky Italian cafe on East Houston Street, is taking a break until Jan. 27.