Weekend Travel Alert: Lower Manhattan Bridges
Your best strategy this weekend: stay far away from Lower Manhattan’s bridge crossings. See the DOT’s weekend advisory after the jump.
- The Manhattan-bound roadway of the Brooklyn Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 12:01 am to 7 am for rehabilitation of the ramps and approaches. Manhattan-bound motorists will be detoured to the Manhattan Bridge or may choose other crossings.
- The Brooklyn Bridge/Frankfort Street exit from the northbound FDR Drive will close at 11 pm on Friday. Motorists should use the prior South Street exit.
- The Brooklyn Queens Expressway eastbound exit to the Brooklyn Bridge will close at 11:30 pm on Friday. Motorists should proceed to the following Manhattan Bridge exit or use the prior Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (pay toll) exit for access to Manhattan.
- The northbound FDR Drive exit entrance ramp C to the Brooklyn Bridge eastbound and the Civic Center and the southbound entrance ramp I to the southbound FDR Drive from Robert Wagner Sr. Place will be closed from 11 pm Friday to 6 am Monday to facilitate ramp rehabilitation. Motorists should use the prior South Street exit and follow the posted detour via Old Slip onto northbound Water and Pearl Streets.
- One of four eastbound/outbound lanes on the Williamsburg Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 6 am to 2 pm to facilitate bridge maintenance.
- One of two inbound/westbound lanes on the Manhattan Bridge North Upper Roadway will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 4:30 pm to facilitate bridge rehabilitation work.