Mexicue Food Truck Lands on the LES
From this month’s edition of The Real Deal comes news about several Lower East Side retail properties:
- 106 Forsyth St.: The operators of food truck Mexicue signed a 10-year lease for a 2,000-square-foot restaurant between Broome and Grand streets, offering cuisine that’s “the sweet, sweet love child of red-hot Mexican cuisine and down-home, barbeque goodness.”
- 218-220 Bowery: Italian race car star Alessandro Zampedri signed a lease with an option to buy this space on the Bowery between Spring and Prince, where he plans to open The Bowery House hotel, “an affordable hospitality concept with a coffee bar on the ground floor.” More details on Massey Knakal’s website.
- 161 Ludlow St.: An unnamed tenant signed a lease for an 1,800 square foot bar and restaurant in the former home of Paladar and current location of Imperial Tavern, between Houston and Stanton streets.
- 132 Orchard St.: Melt Bakery, a bakery and ice cream shop we profiled last month, signed a lease for its new space, 1,300 square feet on Orchard between Delancey and Rivington streets.
- 16 Ave. B.: Discovery Wines leased 1,200 square feet for its relocation; its former home at the corner of East Houston and Essex streets is scheduled to become a Union Market this fall.
- 264 Bowery: Women’s boutique Dagny & Barstow signed a 10-year lease for 1,200 square feet in the former home of Lenny Kravitz and Denzel Washington’s bar. More from Racked.
- 55 Clinton St.: Brooklyn clothing designer Pip-Squeak Chapeau leased 400 square feet.