Your Thursday restaurant/food notes:
- A “Persian-Mediterranean Grill” called Mazeish is now operating from 137 Rivington St., the little spot recently vacated by Pok Pok Phat Thai. They have brown basmati rice bowls with a variety of meat and/or vegetable toppings, falafel and kebab wraps, stuffed grape leaves, tabouleh salads among other options. The restaurant is open from 11 a.m.-midnight.
- The Times checks out the new Happy Ending, concluding that the “they’re not looking to exorcise the house-of-ill-repute feeling entirely.”
- Eater hears from the Pies ‘n’ Thighs team that they hope to open their Canal Street outpost in early January.
- Petee’s Pie Company, which recently opened on delancey Street, has a pop-up in the lobby of the New Museum through Sunday.
- The Observer stopped by Parkside Lounge this morning to have cereal with Serial.