A few food and nightlife items for your summer Thursday:
- The team behind the Brandy Library in Tribeca has opened Copper & Oak, a cocktail bar specializing in whiskey, brandy, rum and tequila, at 157 Allen St. Their email blasts describes the new spot as “a sort of Mecca to all of those who enjoy and appreciate the art form that is distilling and aging spirits.” There are more than 600 bottles to choose from, including a sizable selection of Japanese whiskey. Tonight and tomorrow Copper & Oak is open 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Hours on Saturday are 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Beginning July 23, the bar will be open from 5 p.m.-1 a.m. daily.
- In celebration of national Ice Cream Day on Sunday, il laboratorio del gelato is offering a “buy one-get one free” promotion on its new adult flavor — Ruffino Prosecco Sorbetto with Clementine. The promotion is available both Saturday and Sunday at the shop, located at 188 Ludlow St. Customers who purchase a 20-ounce container for $10.50 will get a second container free of charge.
- Louie & Chan, the Italian restaurant and night spot at 303 Broome St., has welcomed a new chef. He’s Kevin Chun, who previously worked at Yunnan Kitchen and Macao Trading Company in Tribeca. He’ll be adding to the Italian dishes on the menu with new items featuring seasonal ingredients, such as corn and crab agnoletti and a watermelon salad with heirloom tomatoes and ricotta.
- Joshua David Stein loves the new Russ & Daughters Cafe, but he says it’s not necessarily geared for the “alte kakers, farbisseners and balabustas… It’s for their daughter’s daughter’s daughters and sons.”
- ICYMI: Ivan Ramen is now open for lunch.