Today’s Lower East Side food notes:
- Beginning tonight and continuing through August, it’s “Burger & Beer Mondays” at Rosette. Just last week, Grub Street named the dry-aged patty topped with cheddar cheese, tomato confit, and Marie Rose sauce “one of 13 new burgers that demand your attention.” If you arrive between 5:30-8 p.m., you can enjoy the burger and a cold draft beer for $18. Special happy hour cocktails are $5. Rosette is located at 171 East Broadway.
- Mission Cantina was already offering delivery via Caviar for anyone willing to pay the surcharge. Now there’s free delivery if you live in the neighborhood.
- Thanks to Mike Brown for the tip: Balvanera, the New Argentinian spot at 152 Stanton St., will be in soft-open mode this week. We reported back in May that Buenos Aires-born chef Fernando Navas planned to take over the former Azul space at 152 Stanton St.
- Lower East Side chefs are well represented in Zagat’s “30 Under 30” survey. Among the local honorees are Nick Curtin of Rosette, Leslie Feinberg and Brooke Siem of Prohibition Bakery, Brad Holtzman of Taquitoria and Jeremiah Stone and Fabian von Hauske of Contra.
- The Wall Street Journal has noticed that those restaurant choking posters are getting a lot more creative.