In addition to Sweet Chick being approved for a liquor license in the old Max Fish space and a non-kosher restaurant scoring a lease for the former Noah’s Ark Deli on Grand Street, here are some more midweek news and reviews from the restaurant scene:
- Chef Ryan Skeen dishes about what went wrong at the failed Allen & Delancey to the Restaurant Girl blog.
- Orchard Street’s Fung Tu is having a busy month in the spotlight; its newest review comes from New York magazine’s restaurant critic Adam Platt, who awards it two stars.
- The Daily News critic likes Skal’s Icelandic food and drink; the “Portlandia-like” chatter, not so much.
- Just in case you haven’t had enough of Mission Cantina’s Danny Bowien, Opening Ceremony has a video of him making tortillas.
- Registration for the Grand Street CSA closes April 1.