Some midweek restaurant news around the neighborhood:
- Orchard Street’s Cafe Katja isn’t just for Austrian sausages: one of its best vegetarian dishes makes Serious Eats’ list of “26 must-eat dumplings.”
- For sale: The Snack Dragon’s lease: 400 square feet at 164 Orchard St., at $2,663/month.
- The New Yorker’s Table for Two column zeroes in on the bread issue in a mixed review of Contra, where it’s clear “you’re dealing with the cool kids.”
- Bloggers from NYC Foodie visit East Broadway newcomer Rosette.
- The owner of Ben’s Kosher Deli uptown tells The Jewish Forward a kosher restaurant can survive on Grand Street, even though “that neighborhood may not have the population to support it.”
- Bowery pop-up Chez Jef gets some airtime over at Sign of the Pink Pig.