Today’s Lower East Side food news: sip a cocktail in support of the Lowline, eat free ice cream at the Essex Street Market, wait just a little bit longer for Dimes on Division Street.
- You can enjoy an “Absolut Lowline Cocktail” at Hotel on Rivington, 2nd Floor on Clinton or Donnybrook and help make a park under Delancey Street happen.
- Sausage on a roll anyone? Barramundi is getting the word out about its new kiosk on Clinton Street.
- Luca & Bosco, the new ice cream vendor at the Essex Street Market, will be giving out free scoops tomorrow — and then they’ll be open Tuesdays-Sundays beginning Tuesday.
- Dimes Cafe, offering seasonal and healthy food, opens at 143 Division St. September 9th.
- The Village Voice notes that tonight Sakamai will launch its monthly “sake samurai happy hour.”
- Eater has first reactions to Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken.