In Lower East Side food news to wrap up the week:
- Bedford & Bowery takes a look at Dimes Cafe, a healthy food spot, opening next month at 143 Division St.
- The Foundation of Jewish Culture honors Russ & Daughters with the Jewish Cultural Achievement Award.
- Luca & Bosco, the new ice cream purveyor at the Essex Street Market, is doing a “test run” today. If you hurry, maybe a free sample is in your immediate future.
- Tim Hortons on East Houston is temporarily closed, says EV Grieve.
- Serious Eats discovers the falafel at Eastwood.