It’s been a tough few days on the Lower East Side and now there’s no shortage of anticipation about the outcome of tonight’s Presidential Election. So why not head out to a neighborhood bar or restaurant to watch the returns, relax a little and (most important) support those local businesses fighting to shake off the Sandy Blues? Here are the election night parties we’ve heard about so far:
- AndrewAndrew are DJ’ing an Election Night Party at the Parkside Lounge (317 East Houston) starting at around 7 p.m., or whenever they make it through the line at their local polling place. Parkside’s co-owner Chris Lee tells us there will be a burlesque show, “God Breast America,” at 9:30, plus dancing and of course gawking at the big screen for election returns.
- If you’d like to laugh your way through the evening, the Upright Citizen’s Brigade will be featuring Anthony Altamanuik and Ryan Karels in the roles of liberal and conservative political pundits. The fun begins at UCB East (155 East 3rd Street) at 8 p.m.
- SuperVegan is hosting a watching party at Fontana’s (105 Eldridge Street). You’ll be able to see the results on the bar’s big screen while munching on organic treats and, of course, consuming drink specials.
- Video the Vote is throwing a party at Culturefix (9 Clinton Street). After a long day monitoring poll-site shenanigans, they’ll set up two big projectors to watch the election coverage. There will be drink specials all night long.
- Libation (137 Ludlow Street) hosts a sound-up election night party on all three levels. They even have special drinks for the occasion: the Blue Hawaiian for Obama and the South of the Border for Romney.
- The White Box Gallery (329 Broome Street) has an opening for “AmeriKKKa the Beautiful,” a group show. There will be live performances, streaming and a VJ until midnight.
- At Mezetto (161 East Houston), the new tapas spot, you can watch the results while enjoying drink specials at the bar.