Today’s Lower East Side food news:
- In today’s New York Times, Pete Wells awards Yunnan Kitchen on Clinton Street one star, praising the chef’s “fresh, locavore sensibility” but arguing that “nothing at (the restaurant) builds to a pitch of flavor that makes you dream about your next visit.” (NYT)
- By the way, Yunnan Kitchen is now open seven days a week (until now it was closed Tuesdays).
- Eater sums up the early reaction to Pig & Khao, Clinton Street’s other new haute Asian restaurant.
- Mezetto, the tapas restaurant replacing Oliva at 161 East Houston Street, opens tomorrow.
- Great NY Noodletown is still good, although the quality of its bbq meats can be inconsistent.