Community Board 3 is out with the agenda for its June liquor license meeting. Among the items that caught our eye: a proposal from B-Side owner Sivan Harlap and a partner, Andrew States, to open up a bar at 221 East Broadway (next to Pushcart Coffee). They just signed the lease last week, and have met with neighbors on at least two separate occasions. There are residents in the immediate area mobilizing both in support and in opposition to the new business. We’ll have a full report later this week.
Also of interest below Houston:
- The Bowery diner is seeking a sidewalk cafe license.
- A place called Les Deux Freres Bistro wants a full bar in the ill-fated Nippon Sushi location at 121 Ludlow. Given the high concentration of nightlife establishments in this stretch of Ludlow, a full liquor license here could be a tough sell.
- There’s a new application for a full bar at 21 Essex Street, the former home of White Star.
- The team behind the new Holiday Inn on Delancey Street will be back before the board in search of a full bar.
- And after running into opposition this past month, the operators of Paulaner Brauhaus make a return visit, presumably with evidence of more community support.
See the full agenda after the jump.
SLA & DCA Licensing Committee
Monday, June 18 at 6:30pm — JASA/Green Residence – 200 East 5th Street at Bowery
applicant’s name follow by current owner if applicable
1. FY’2014 District Needs Statement & Budget Consultation Agenda
Renewal with Complaint History
2. Royale (Jeflo & Co Ltd), 157 Ave C (op)
Sidewalk Café Application
3. Starbucks Coffee (Starbucks Corp), 145 2nd Ave
4. Spice (KY & YL Inc), 104 2nd Ave
5. The Bowery Diner (241 Bowery Corp), 241 Bowery
Applications within Resolution Areas
6. To be Determined, 34 Ave A (wb)
7. Café Angelina (Mina Lena Inc), 37 Ave A (bw)
8. Flea Market, 131 Ave A (op)
9. Japadog, 30 St Marks Pl (wb)
10. Restaurant Han Joo (12 St Marks Place LLC), 12 St Marks Pl (wb)
11. The Cardinal (The Cardinal Restaurant 1 Inc), 234 E 4th St (op)
12. To be Determined, 170 Ave A (op)
13. To be Determined, 172 Ave B (op)
14. Babel, 129 Ave C (op)
15. Les Deux Freres Bistro, 121 Ludlow St (op)
16. Seiei LLC, 130 St Marks Pl (op)
17. St Jeromes (Rivington Wine & Cheese Inc), 155 Rivington St (op/add space)
New Liquor License Applications
18. Hong Kong Station (Lamma Island Inc), 45 Division St (wb)
19. The Cock (Red Rooster LLC), 29 2nd Ave (op)
20. To be Determined, 155 Rivington St (op)
21. To be Determined, 145 E 13th St aka 106 3rd Ave (op)
22. Essex Café Group LLC, 21 Essex St (op)
23. SC Delancey LLC, 148-150 Delancey St (hotel op)
24. Sivandrew Inc, 221 E B’way (op)
25. Bugs (Beam B LLC), 504 E 12th St (wb)
26. Ninth Street Expresso (Higher Grounds Café Inc), 343 E 10th St (wb)
27. Thai Terminal Inc, 349 E 12th St (wb)
28. Update Kraft & Oyster Bar (Marry the ketchup) 95 1st Ave (op)
29. Exchange Alley (Sons of Brooklyn LLC), 424 E 9th St (wb)
30. Livety LLC, 225 E Houston St (op)
31. Feihu Food Inc, 249 Broome St (wb)
32. J Wu Inc, 252 Broome St (wb)
33. Christian Vautier Le Concept, 254 Broome St (wb)
34. Shervin’s World Inc, 131 E 7th St (wb)
35. Paulaner Brauhaus Restaurant LLC, 265-267 Bowery (op)
36. Nevada Smiths (92 Nuns Walk Inc), 100 3rd Ave (op)
37. Empanadas Bar (Baires Inc), 438 E 9th St (wb)
b=beer only | wb=wine & beer only | op=liquor, wine, & beer | alt=alterations |up=upgrades