This morning’s Lower East Side food/restaurant news:
- Viktor & Spoils, the new tequila bar and taqueria in the Hotel on Rivington, opens Thursday. Zagat has a preview, as does Urban Daddy.
- Two Lower East Side restaurants make it onto the dreaded Eater “cursed spaces” list: 107 Rivington (currently Co-op Food & Drink); and 189 East Houston (most recently Masala Twist).
- The Voice says Pho 88, the new Vietnamese spot on Bayard Street, looks promising.
- Is she the new “queen of soul?” Deirdre Henderson impressed on “Chopped.” She’ll be popping up at Alias November 14th.
- All day today, Forcella, the new pizza place on the Bowery is offering $10 pies