This week’s news from some of The Lo-Down’s sponsors:
- Check out Live band Karaoke Friday October 28th at 10 p.m., at Fontana’s (105 Eldridge). Whether you’re a professional rocker or you have never sung in front of anyone in your life, Fontana’s gives you the best possible rock and roll experience.
- AAFE invites you to attend tonight’s “Local Spokes” visioning session on the future of bicycling in Chinatown and the Lower East Side. It will be held at 6 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Republic, 888 East 6th Street. More info here.
- The Lower East Side BID suggests you pay a visit to Maraya, the cigar shop and lounge at 87 Orchard. They have “Cut & Light” classes, cigar tastings, cigars & cocktail events and cigar dinners for experienced as well as occasional smokers.
- Dora, 221 East Broadway, offers pumpkin mini-breads, hot cider, the best coffee on the LES, and Perka, their new phone-based customer loyalty program!
- Check out the “Lights on After School” program held last week at the Educational Alliance.