Today’s Lower East Side food news:
- Eater brings news of a Saturday night “mishap” at Sorella. Apparently someone dropped a bottle of Coors Light (this is not a joke) onto the glass ceiling in the dining room, forcing the room to close until further notice. The bar room is still open and Sorella is offering a new special – a tall boy beer and an order of broccoli tempura with pickled hot pepper aioli for $10.
- Anthony Bourdain chooses Big Gay Ice Cream.
- Bowery Boogie reports Zoe is now open at 245 Eldridge Street.
- Eddie Huang is cutting prices at BaoHaus.
- When Brooklyn Taco opens in the Essex Street Market, they will be selling Blue Bottle Coffee.