Restaurant Wrap: Dora, Banjo Jim’s, Cocoron, Spitzer’s Corner, Russ & Daughters
In neighborhood restaurant news today:
- Get your late-afternoon cappucino a little earlier from now until Labor Day: Dora tells us via Facebook they will close at 4 p.m. until then.
- Tonight’s the finale for music bar Banjo Jim’s in the East Village, EV Grieve reports. Next up at that location: artisanal cocktails.
- Cocoron, the Delancey Street soba shop, draws the eye of the Wall Street Journal.
- Serious Eats revisits Spitzer’s Corner’s hamburgers three years after its first review, and finds them in need of a higher grade of beef.
- A new Vimeo video shows 90 seconds’ worth of life inside Russ & Daughters.
- Bowery Boogie reports rumors of a new venture at the old Imperial Tavern on Ludlow Street.
- Do food trucks need letter grades from the health department? The mayor thinks so, according to the WSJ’s Metropolis blog.