Lots of catching up to do today, on the food/restaurant beat:
- Grub Street gets a look at the menus for Fatta Cuckoo, the seasonal Italian restaurant opening on Clinton Street next week. The chef is Brett Ackerman of Diner and Marlow & Sons in Williamsburg. Dinner entrees include: veal dumplings, ginger soy sauce glazed salmon and a ribeye with fries for $22.
- Grub Street also reports: Mixologist to the stars Sasha Petraske is no longer involved with White Star on Essex Street.
- The Freemans guys get a big write-up in Edible Manhattan.
- Zoe Feigenbaum, chef at the National, pays homage to her grandmother with a modern-day interpretation of cabbage soup.
- Serious Eats samples the breakfast sandwich at Shopsin’s and finds it to be delicious, even though there’s an umbrella stuck on the top.