Next week Community Board 3’s SLA Committee will meet to scrutinize December’s liquor license applicants. Pyro-cocktail specialist Apotheke has already been crossed off the agenda, leaving a fairly mundane but still lengthy docket to adjudicate. A few items of note:
- Nurse Bettie (106 Norfolk) is looking to renew its license but will be made to answer for complaints from neighbors.
- Hachi Enterprises returns to request a full liquor license at 185 Orchard, the ground floor in the Thompson LES Hotel. This past month, CB3 rejected a wine/beer license from these same applicants because they did not appear before the committee.
- It appears new owners want to take over the license at the Inhabit Karaoke Lounge (39 Eldridge) and upgrade to a full bar.
- An applicant “to be determined” is seeking a transfer at 74 Orchard, the current home of Bunny Chow.
- Another mystery applicant wants a full bar at 241 Bowery. Back in June, the board reluctantly approved a license in this location, the Sunshine Hotel (a SRO).
- Bevacco Inc. is applying for a full liquor license at 60 Henry Street, near the Manhattan Bridge.