Have you got a computer, a television or, maybe, a cell phone to unload? Luck would have it the Lower East Side Ecology Center and Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver are sponsoring an e-recycling event on Sunday. You can drop off used electronics anytime between 10am and 4pm on Delancey Street, between Chrystie and Forsyth. They do not accept home appliances, like microwaves or refrigerators, and cannot take any electronics from businesses. Check out the list of accepted equipment after the jump:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, etc.)
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, & DVD Players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
According to Speaker Silver’s office, the last event was a big success. Over two days, more than 250 items were collected, weighing 4.5 tons. If you’d like more info, there’s a handy Q & A on the Ecology Center’s web site.
By the way, Sunday’s recycling program is just one of the events listed on our new Community Calendar, which allows organizations to self-submit their event listings. We hope you’ll have a look!