Morning Reads: Hurricane Aid, Seaport Mall Still Closed, Jay-Z Video Makes Local Artist Famous
- President Obama prepares to ask Congress for around $50 billion in hurricane aid; New York political leaders are disappointed he’s not planning to ask for more (NYT).
- The South Street Seaport Mall at Pier 17 is still closed, weeks after Hurricane Sandy. The shops, scheduled to be demolished next year, may not reopen during the holidays (Tribeca Trib).
- David Bensinger of the Little Laptop Shop on Clinton Street has become involved with Startup New York, which is helping businesses recover, post-Sandy (NY1).
- An interview with Leonard Abrams, who edited the influential East Village Eye (EV Grieve).
- More about that “adorable old lady” who asked Jay-Z if he was famous — East Village artist Ellen Grossman (NYT).