Morning Reads: NYU Expansion, Squadron Fundraising, More LES Galleries Run by Women
- Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer approves NYU’s scaled-down but still massive expansion plan (NYT).
- Checking in on the East River Blueway initiative (The Local EV).
- Have a look at State Senator Daniel Squadron’s pitch to financial supporters; as previously noted the Carroll Gardens resident is preparing to run for Public Advocate (Capital Tonight).
- A conversation with photographer John Milisenda, whose photographs of the Lower East Side in the 1960′s are now on display uptown (EV Grieve).
- The number of Lower East Side galleries owned by women is rising steadily (Bloomberg).