Here are a few suggestions for local happenings that are on our radar:
- The Asian Comedy Fest (ACF) is taking place on May 5th and 6th at Sour Mouse. Asian Comedy Fest is the biggest national AAPI comedy festival, returning for a fourth year and featuring six comedy shows across two nights. The festival will showcase comedy in various forms, such as stand-up, musical comedy, drag and solo show performances.
- A Study in Form, a two-part exhibition curated by Arden Wohl that touches upon various intersections, relationships, dialogues, and companionships between poetry and art; poets and artists, is opening at James Fuentes on Tuesday, May 2nd, from 6-8pm.
- Face to Face: Portraits of Artists by Tacita Dean, Brigitte Lacombe and Catherine Opie and Between Friends: From the ICP Collection has been extended for one more week at ICP. If you thought you missed it, you’ve got one more shot—you can now visit through May 7th to see the exhibitions before they close.
- “Celebrity Book Club with Steven and Lily,” a new variety show featuring special guests kicks off at PUBLIC’s Art Space on Saturday, May 6th at 8:30pm,
- Opening on May 11th, 2023 at the Museum at Eldridge Street is A Collage of Customs, Iconic Jewish Woodcuts Revised for the Twenty-First Century, an exhibition featuring the work of acclaimed artist and writer Mark Podwal.
Find more local events on our calendar and submit your own HERE.