Some events that caught our eye this week:
- The 17th annual FRIGID Fringe Festival has announced its full lineup of indie theater performances which will run February 15 – March 5 at The Kraine Theater and UNDER St. Marks.
- The Metrograph is hosting a Love Witch Costume Contest & Reception along with a screening of the cult classic on Friday, February 10, beginning at 7:00pm. Film fans are invited to “Channel your inner witch and sip magical potions in our lobby bar prior to a screening of The Love Witch. Come dressed to impress to win The Love Witch costume competition, a free Metrograph Pictures poster, and cocktail.”
- Museum at Eldridge is hosting a special walking tour titled, “Love & Courtship on the Lower East Side” on Sunday, February 12th at 1:30pm. The tour promises to explore historic sites around the Lower East Side where love once blossomed.
- After a 2-year hiatus, Parkside Lounge, revives The Haunted Schoolhouse’s annual (anti-Valentine’s) PINK PARTY on Sunday, February 12 starting at 8:00pm. Guests are invited to dress for this year’s theme: Polka Dotty. They write: “Skip half-time and walk through the Bowl to the hole in the back. No cover! DJ Nick of Club Choices will spin, pulse, crush and liquify your body with dance music.”
- Beginning Friday, February 10, DCTV is screening this year’s Oscar-Nominated Feature Docs ahead of their Oscar Watch Party on March 12th.
Check out our Lower East Side Events Calendar for more neighborhood activities and add yours HERE.