Uplifting news came from Mayor DeBlasio this week as he announced “Phase 1” reopening for curbside and in-store retail pickup, and non-essential construction and manufacturing, can resume on June 8, 2020. Local restaurants and bars await announcements for “Phase 2” and “Phase 3,” when they will be able to resume full service; until then, here are a few more spots that are now open (or opening soon) for pickup and delivery:
– Ernesto’s Cafe, the Basque hot spot that recently opened to much fanfare (back in the before-times) on East Broadway, will reopen on Monday. They write: “Starting Monday June 1 we will open doors to Ernesto’s Café from 9am-4pm (hours subject to change) We will be serving coffee, pastries, pintxos, wine by the glass & bottles to-go. Come stop by, we’ve missed you all!”
– Freemans Restaurant announced it will be open for takeout this weekend, teasing: “Tomorrow and Sunday, 12-6!!! ALLEY MARKET!!! Come by and say hi. Take-out Brunch menu, drinks and bottles to go.”
– We are sorry to see that the Japanese restaurant, Gohan-ya, is leaving their brick and mortar location on Orchard Street. They are offering delivery out of the Lovely Day restaurant’s downstairs kitchen for now, via Caviar.
– Mission Chinesefood recently teamed up with Scarr’s Pizza for some pre-order offerings and is now promising: “GET READY! We are gearing up to open for takeout and delivery. Keep an eye out for announcements and visit missionchinesefood.com for more information and updates.”
– Vanessa’s the beloved dumpling house has announced they are re-opening their shops in Williamsburg and the Financial District, promising: “We are back and ready to continue serving New Yorkers the best dumplings in town!!! Starting tomorrow, 5/29 our Williamsburg location will be the first to reopen for delivery and pick up orders, with FiDi to follow next Monday. Chinatown & LIC will soon to follow in mid June!”
You can see our full list of places offering pickup and takeout HERE.