The 2018 Lower East Side Film Festival came to a close on Wednesday night and winners were announced at the after party at Coney Island Baby in the East Village.
From our friends at the festival:
Directors of the 8th annual Lower East Side Film Festival and their Judges Panel, Rosario Dawson, cinematographer Sam Levy, music supervisor Matt FX and Heather Burns, announced winners in the selected categories.
Filmmakers, directors, and actors in attendance accepted awards for the below:
- Best Live Action Short Film – Allen Anders – Live at the Comedy Castle (1987), Director Laura Moss
- Best Animated Short Film – Two Balloons, Director Mark C. Smith
- Best Documentary Short Film – Slave One: The Kung Fu Judge Story, Director Juan Leguizamón
- Best Music Video – Radiator – Spaceface, Director Federico Torrado Tobon
- The LESFF Neighborhood Award – A New York Bagel, Directors Virginia Chiang and Mike Lee
- Best of Fest – The L.E.S. Prix D’Or – A Sniper’s War, Director Olya Schechter
- The LESFF Audience Award – A Maine Movie, Directed by Matt Nelsen
- Best Feature Film – Wobble Palace, Written and Directed by Eugene Kotlyarenko
The LESFF showcases low-budget and innovative independent films from all across the globe in all categories: features, shorts, documentaries, experimental, foreign, animation, web series, and music videos!