Here’s a reminder. The Lower East Side Partnership is holding a neighborhood visioning event on Canal Street between 5 and 7 tonight. A section of the block between Essex and Ludlow streets will be closed. Participants will be able to visit various stations to discuss current conditions and possible areas of improvement. Here are the stations:
- Mapping: Design your ideal street
- Crossing: Evaluate distance from one side of the block to another
- Biking: Design bike lanes
- Curb Extensions: Configure new pedestrian areas
- Parking/Loading/Delivery: Designate areas for each use
- Free Play: fun and games on Canal Street
If you would like to learn more about the Partnership’s visioning events and find out about the organization’s plans to expand its boundaries, check out The Lo-Down’s previous coverage.