We’re heading into the final stretch of our Small Business Survival Campaign. Our yearlong reporting project will only be funded if we meet our $24,000 goal. Your support will ensure our ability to cover this important story thoroughly in the coming months.
Don’t forget — backers receive some great rewards for supporting The Lo-Down and small businesses on the Lower East Side. Just take a look at some of what’s still available:
- Gift certificates to Melt Bakery, creator of some of the most delicious ice cream sandwiches you’ll ever eat.
- Gift certificates to Cheeky Sandwiches, where the LES goes to indulge in great New orleans-style po’ boys.
- A free Black ZipCard, offering great discounts at all sorts of venues on the Lower East Side, including the Sunshine Cinema, the Manny Cantor Center and the New Museum.
- Gift certificates to Thelma on Clinton, chef Melissa O’Donnell’s terrific and unpretentious New American spot.
- A fascinating private tour of the Jewish Lower East Side from the Jewish Conservancy.
Head on over to our crowdfunding site for more info!