The SPaCE Block Association is holding its monthly meeting this week. Everyone is welcome to attend. The organization represents the area shaded in the map you see posted above – below Grand Street, between Orchard and Pitt streets. Hot topics this month are expected to include:
- The Safe Routes to School/Straus Square Construction Project.
- Community Board 3’s request sent to the Department of Transportation for a freeze on new intercity bus permits in the immediate area. SPaCE has been advocating for this move.
- Plans for the Seward Park garden this spring and the fledgling Seward Park Conservancy.
- The long-delayed plan to revitalize the pedestrian plazas on Allen/Pike streets below Grand Street.
- The Community Board’s denial of a liquor license at 17 Essex St. SPaCE opposed this application.
- Creation of the block association’s board.
The meeting happens Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. at the Manny Cantor Center, 197 East Broadway, 6th floor.