A few Monday afternoon food notes:
- Eater wraps up the social media hoopla that accompanied the final night at groundbreaking Lower East Side restaurant wd-50.
- A notice on the website of Gaia, the Italian cafe at 251 East Houston St., says the restaurant will be closed until December 5 due to a fire in the building. A note on the door, however, indicates a reopening date is unknown.
- Luis Arce-Mota tells us he’s begun renovations on the former Saro Bistro space at 102 Norfolk St. As we reported in the spring, he’s opening La Contenta, a restaurant focused on homestyle Mexican food. The new place should debut sometime late this month or in January.
- Here’s a new delivery option. Joselito, the popular East Village Dominican spot that moved to 172 Delancey St. during the summer, is now on Seamless and Grub Hub. The restaurant took over the space formerly occupied by El Aripo.
- The Hester Street Fair’s holiday market opens at One Penn Plaza today.