Your mid-week Lower East Side restaurant roundup:
- Pete Wells awards the restaurant in the Ludlow Hotel two stars, writing, “Dirty French is one cocky restaurant. It can also be an immensely enjoyable one… The same self-confidence that can get on your nerves also allows this crew to mess around with French cuisine with a hugely energizing lack of respect.”
- The Daily News got a look inside Meow Parlour, the cat cafe opening next week on Hester Street.
- Tijuana Picnic is finally opening today in the former Laugh Lounge space on Essex Street.
- Eater swears Mission Chinese will open any day now on East Broadway!
- Adam Frank, owner of Cochinita Dos, sends along word that the restaurant at 47 Canal St. will be closing on Friday. As previously noted, the operators of Dimes, the popular Division Street spot, are planning to take over the space.
- Video: Time Magazine puts up the trailer for “The Last Days of wd-50,” a film that will debut early next year.