Wings are booming, pumpkin beer is flowing and The New Yorker hates Dirty French. Catch up on the LES restaurant and bar news.
- “High-toned technique” meets “lowbrow food” in NYC’s chicken wing boom, and Clinton Street newcomer Seoul Chicken and its proprietor Chaz Brown are at the forefront of the trend, the Times says.
- Chef Wylie Dufresne will publish a cookbook of wd~50 recipes after his Clinton Street restaurant closes next month; Eater has a sneak peek at the photography sessions.
- The New Yorker visits Dirty French for its Tables for Two column, and the outcome isn’t pretty.
- Beloved Midtown restaurant Chin Chin will move its upscale Chinese cuisine to the Lower East Side. Owner Jimmy Chin tells Eater he’s “going downtown to rejuvenate myself.”
- If you’re a fan of pumpkin-infused beer, this is your favorite time of year. Brokelyn runs down the options.
- “Whiskey is the new wine” at LES newcomer Copper & Oak, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Finally, don’t forget this Sunday is Pickle Day on Orchard Street.