Is it the weekend yet? Some Thursday food and drink news to make the rest of the week go by fast.
- Tablet Magazine talks to the owners of Kossar’s Bialy’s in an in-depth piece marking their one-year tenure on Grand Street.
- Bedford + Bowery previews the new oyster bar above Chloe 81 on Ludlow Street, which opened this week.
- Grub Street samples all the varieties of wings at Clinton Street’s new Seoul Chicken.
- Two new neighborhood spots got early visits from celebrities: Judd Hirsch popped into Balvanera on Stanton Street, near the set where he’s filming his new series, and Frank Grillo stopped by Essex Street’s Juicery for a nutritious beverage.
- Rivington Street bar 151 is under new ownership by longtime fans; Eater checks in with Alex Day and David Kaplan about what’s next at the hot nightlife spot.
- The NYT’s Pete Wells gives Bar Primi two stars.
- A Culinary Institute of America alum launches a new pop-up project on Eldridge Street, celebrating locally sourced ingredients–one at a time. Called Project Sara, it debuts on Sunday.