LES Bites: Birds & Bubbles Debuts, Patacon Pisao Opens at Last, Bar News
Some restaurant and bar updates just in time for the weekend.
- City Grit’s Sarah Simmons opened Birds & Bubbles at 100B Forsyth St. this week. Gothamist dives into the menu, which is billed as “an elevated take on Southern food” whose signature dish is fried chicken paired with champagne.
- After very, very long delays, Venzuelan street food joint Patacon Pisao is finally open at 139 Essex St.
- It’s a big week for LES bars: Eater has a look around the newly refurbished 151 on Rivington Street; Time Out features Allen Street’s Copper & Oak and Golden Cadillac reboots and reopens as Boilermaker, landing on Details magazine’s list of best new bar openings this fall.
- The Torrisi team’s newest baby, Dirty French, which opened last week inside the Ludlow Hotel to much fanfare, wins a beauty award from Zagat’s.
- New at The Stanton Social: jazz brunch Saturdays, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. weekly, featuring music from the Lateef Beats Trio and Vuyo Sotashe, along with Oreo cookie pancakes.