Catching up on some neighborhood food and drink news.
- The former home of Preserve 24, the giant clubstaurant whose modern-day adventurer concept met with epic fail at 175 E. Houston St., can be yours for just $27K/month, according to a rental listing on CityFeet.
- A new Indian restaurant called Khushboo opened at 6 Clinton St. over the weekend, offering lunch, dinner, happy hour and late-night food, as well as take-out and delivery. Hours are noon to midnight daily.
- Mr. Rapidan, a new Peruvian cafe that serves coffee during the day and ceviche and other traditional dishes in the evenings has launched at 116 Suffolk St. It’s a reboot of the former Spreadhouse; check out the details on Instagram and Facebook.
- Hester Street Fair food vendors share secrets of their successes with DNA Info.
- The NYT’s Boite column visits Kitty’s Canteen on Stanton Street.
- The Real Deal breaks down the numbers on rising restaurant rents, and what they mean for the industry citywide.
- You can now pay for restaurant meals through your phone, via a new program rolled out by OpenTable this week.