A few food tidbits for your Tuesday afternoon:
- Silk Cakes, the bakery at 53 Ludlow St., has been a ‘by-appointment” operation since 2008. But this week, the wedding cake specialist became a full-fledged retail store. Owner Judy Lai said the shop will feature some of Silk Cakes’ most popular flavor combos, such as chocolate cake with green tea butter cream, thai tea cake with condensed milk butter cream and semi sweet chocolate truffle. You can check out the shop’s hours on their Facebook page.
- Tomorrow night, Veselka rolls back prices to 1954 for 54 minutes.
- Mission Chinese is planning a pop-up at Mile End on Bond Street.
- Boulton & Watt, the gastropub at Avenue A and 1st Avenue, is now open for weekday lunch. Menu items include a $14 burger, fish tacos for $15 and a selection of salads for $12. You can see the full menu here.
- Eileen’s Special Cheesecake on Cleveland Place is celebrating 40 years in business. Next Wednesday, coinciding with National Cheesecake Day, all baked goods will be 50% off.