Some food and drink headlines to start off your week.
- The New York Times’ “Hungry City” column samples the snacks at El Rey Coffee Bar and Luncheonette on Stanton Street.
- Actress America Ferrera and her director husband Ryan Piers Williams are big fans of the paletas at La Newyorkina; they visited the Hester Street Fair for some this weekend.
- More celeb spotting: Actor Luis Guzman at the Meatball Shop on Stanton Street.
- Ivan Ramen finally opened on Clinton Street Friday night. Grub Street has some advice about the menu, and Eater’s Robert Sietsema weighs in with his first impressions.
- Crain’s takes a look at the current state of food trucks in NYC and finds them “stuck in park.”
- From The Lo-Down inbox: Rosette is now open for dinner on Mondays, beginning at 6 p.m. Dinner service runs through 11 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and until midnight Thursday through Saturday; brunch is served 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on weekends.