Catching up on the food and drink news around the neighborhood:
- Thelma on Clinton, Melissa O’Donnell’s recent reboot of Salt Bar, launched brunch service just in time for Easter this week. Enjoy frittatas of leeks, herbs and goat cheese, slow-poached egg dishes and french toast casserole with a variety of cocktails and beverages every Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (See the full menu here.)
- This weekend, you can drink awesome coffee and hang out with adorable, adoptable cats at America’s first “cat cafe” at 168 Bowery.
- In all things Ivan Ramen: following up on the NYT’s Flo Fab gettting the official word on the May 9 opening date, Eater has a slideshow of the hotly anticipated new restaurant at 25 Clinton St.
- What’s next for the former home of Boukie’s? “Farm-to-table Mexican,” coming this fall from the team behind Hundred Acres. Also, someone smashed in the doors at the now-vacant space at Second Avenue and East Second Street, EV Grieve reports.
- Lastly, if our story about the Young’s restaurant pop-up enticed you to go, get your tickets soon; they are selling out.