Here’s a little eating and drinking news to start off your week.
- Thursday is National Macaron Day; Gothamist says LES shops Bisous Ciao and Macaron Parlor are offering free tastes in celebration.
- The Village Voice has a slideshow of St. Patrick’s Day boozing around the LES and East Village.
- Eater takes a tour of Nitecap, the new subterranean lounge underneath Schapiro’s from the team behind Death & Co.
- Bloomberg food critic Ryan Sutton pronounces a dessert on Contra’s tasting menu “really [expletive deleted] good.”
- From The Lo-Down inbox: Fung Tu’s chef Jonathan Wu and sommelier Jason Wagner are creating some interesting pairings at their Orchard Street spot. First up: smoked and fried dates stuffed with duck, paired with Rodenbach Grand Cru, a sour red beer in the Flemish style, for $13. Details are forthcoming via Facebook and Twitter.