Food tidbits to start the week:
- This past Friday, Antonioni’s opened its doors at 177 Chrystie St. The new Italian place from the folks behind Mott Street’s Cafe Gitane features classic dishes like clams casino, Tuscan mussels, a wide array of pasta dishes and eight varieties of pizza. Appetizers and kids’ menu items fall in the $10 range, pizzas and pastas are around $20, and larger entrees a little higher. Brunch and lunch service is scheduled to start in the next few weeks, and delivery service is in the works. You can see the whole menu here.
- Leftovers from last week’s community board confab: Old Man Hustle, 39 Essex St., got the preliminary okay to add a full bar. For starters, they’ll only be allowed to serve until 1:30 a.m.
- Courtesy of Eater, see the wd-50 tasting menu in 60 seconds.
- Subject LES, the Suffolk Street cocktail bar, is now open on Mondays.
- ICYMI: Serious Eats takes you on an affordable tour of Chinatown and Little Italy.