A few headlines from the Lower East Side restaurant scene.
- Last night the finishing touches were being made to Williamsburg Pizza, a new spot at the corner of Allen and Broome streets. Today Eater reports: “Nino Coniglio, who once owned Pizzeria del Corso in Marine Park, is serving the same menu of Brooklyn pies and grandma slices, (which are considered by many to be) some of the best in the city.” The restaurant (mostly a takeout spot) is open from noon until 11 p.m., and offers delivery.
- Danny Bowien’s new spot, Mission Cantina, is now taking reservations.
- The Village Voice is enthisiastic about Contra, the new high-end restaurant on Orchard Street.
- Tasting Table: “Ambition and flavor team up at Fung Tu.”
- Make note of the holiday hours at Russ and Daughters.