Here’s a look at what’s happening on the Lower East Side food scene.
- Eastwood, 221 East Broadway, started serving weekend brunch this past Saturday. On the menu, you’ll find items such as: brioche french toast, huevos flores and a schnitzel plate. You can also have a mimosa along with your meal. Brunch is served 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Miller’s Near & Far, the newish “farm-to-table” spot at 65 Rivington St., also began serving brunch in the last couple of weeks. You can see the menu here.
- On Thursday from 4-7 p.m. at the Hester Street Fair Holiday Market, they will be a giving away Cronuts to anyone who spends at least $30 at the market, which is located at the Eventi Hotel, 835 6th Avenue.
- Serious Eats is intrigued by the subtlety od Fung Tu, the new creative Chinese restaurant on Orchard Street.
- Pizza A Casa, the Grand Street pizza school, is getting into the Hanukkah spirit with its own latkes recipe. Have a look at the video they’ve prepared.