Here’s a look at what’s happening on the Lower East Side restaurant scene.
- Fung Tu, the “Creative Chinese-American,” spot from Jonathan Wu, Wilson Tang (of the Nom Wah Tea Parlor), John Wells and Jason Wagner is now open at 22 Orchard St. They were aiming for an official opening next Tuesday but are ahead of schedule. The restaurant’s web site is now live; you can have a look at the debut menu there. The restaurant is open 6 p.m. to midnight (10 p.m. on Sundays). They’re closed Mondays.
- Black Tree, the seasonal sandwich specialist at 131 Orchard St., has changed over its menu. Among the offerings: a Thanksgiving sandwich featuring roasted turkey, turkey stock apple stuffing, spiced plum preserves and aioli.
- The Village Voice checks in on Louie & Chan, the partially opened project four years in the making on Broome Street.
- Fatta Cuckoo at 63 Clinton St. is now offering lunch from 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. You can check out the menu here.
- And congratulations to our friends at Pushcart Coffee. Firmly established on East Broadway, they are throwing a grand opening party at their new Chelsea location tonight. You can see details here.