Here are some Lower East Side food tidbits from the past week.
- A year-old Soho bar, The Dalloway, is making plans to come to the Lower East Side but the owners are being coy about the location.
- Taavo Somer is creating a new bar in the basement of 8 Rivington St., which is being described as a “Japanese-Canadian sports bar.”
- Irving Farm at 88 Orchard St. has started a new brunch special: for $15 you get anything on the egg menu and a pint-sized mimosa. The deal is good Friday-Sunday 9 a.m.-noon.
- Saying goodbye to Russ & Daughters, for now.
- Early impressions of Contra, the new-fixed price menu destination on Orchard Street.