Here’s a wrap-up of recent Lower East-Side related restaurant news.
- Coming up on Sunday, the Hester Street Fair and New York Magazine team up for their big fall food festival. Local favorites such as Pok Phat Thai, Cheeky Sandwiches, Eastwood and Malt & Mold are involved. Plus there’s a beer garden and a “tailgate zone” where you’ll be able to watch Sunday football. Click here for the complete lineup.
- The Times checks out Hill & Dale, an “unpretentious cocktail lounge destined for midweek trysts and co-workers’ birthdays.”
- Eater reports that the new hotel at 180 Ludlow will include a restaurant project from the guys behind Carbone and Torrisi. By the way “The Ludlow” is now scheduled to open in the spring of 2014.
- Rizzo’s Pizza on Clinton Street debuts a happy hour from 5-7 p.m. $20 for a pitcher and your choice of pizza.
- The guys from PDT say Essex Street Market and Cafe Vita are two underrated places on the LES.
- Video: Inside Super Taste to learn the secrets behind hand pulled noodles.