It’s a weekend of community happenings. Here are some of this weekend’s LES events.
- Tomorrow from noon-4 p.m. there will be a fall festival at Pier 42. There will be hourly tours of art installations within the temporary park set up alongside the East River, interactive projects from the Children’s Museum of the Arts, Capoeira performances, gardening and tasty morsels from food trucks. Check out the “Paths to Pier 42” Facebook event page for more information.
- The fall festival is actually one of many venues involved in Open House New York. Tours are being offered Saturday at several neighborhood spots, including Henry Street Settlement. the Slade Architecture Residence, the Museum at Eldridge Street and the New Museum. Click here for details.
- Sunday morning, the LES Jewish Conservancy has scheduled a walking tour at 10:45 of a handful of synagogues; meet at 400 Grand St., the conservancy’s Visitor center. Cost: $18.
- There are only three more weekends to enjoy the Hester Street Fair. On Saturday, Rachel Mae’s Farmstand will be back with fall fruit and produce, plus grilled corn, and they’re taking deposits for the 2014 CSA season. And then on Sunday the LES Flea market returns. This is the last weekend for the flea.
- And on Saturday at 3, Teatro Sea in the Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center presents, ‘¡Viva Pinocho!’/’A Mexican Pinocchio!’ It’s the kickoff of the company’s fall season. More info here.